Refunds & Returns Policy
WARRANTY, FAULTS & DEFECTS
If a product you have purchased from Bar Stool Home is found to be faulty, damaged (excluding damage caused by misuse), wrongly described, or breaches a consumer guarantee, we will refund your money, exchange, or, where possible, replace the faulty parts.
If a faulty product is required to be returned, we will pay for the return delivery fees or refund you for any fees incurred.
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Faulty Products On Delivery
If an item is delivered with missing parts, is faulty, defective, or has been damaged during delivery, please let us know within 48hrs of receiving via our Warranty Claim Form.
All of our products are covered by a 12-Month Warranty which covers manufacturers' faults and defects.
5-Year Structural Warranty
Selected products as indicated on their product pages are covered by a 5-Year Structural Warranty which is limited to genuine defects only and does not cover wear and tear.
Product/s that have been used for a fair length of time prior to the defect being noticed may be subject to reduced compensation at the discretion of Bar Stool Home and/or Bar Stool Home's suppliers.
If a fault arises in a product, you must notify us immediately and cease using the product.
Exclusions For All Warranties
Our Warranty Policies do not cover:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage arising from improper assembly or modification.
- Damage arising from abnormal use or abuse.
- Damage, wear and tear as a result of improper or lack of maintenance and/or care (e.g. fabric, leather, or timber).
- Damage to external or product packaging only.
- Insignificant minor variations in dimensions, colour, grain, or finish.
- Insignificant minor imperfections or superficial blemishes.
Warranty Claim Process
To submit a warranty claim, please complete our Warranty Claim Form.
You will be required to provide proof of purchase, a description of the fault including supporting images and/or video which will help us understand and resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
After reviewing and accepting the warranty claim, we will work with the customer to agree on the appropriate resolution which may include:
- Sending the replacement parts
- A partial refund to repair or purchase the parts locally
- Returning the items for a replacement
- Returning the items for a refund
CHANGE OF MIND - Order Cancellations, Returns & Exchanges
At Bar Stool Home, we understand that sometimes you may change your mind and want to cancel, return or exchange your items.
If your order has not been dispatched, the order can be cancelled hassle-free and a full refund is provided.
Unfortunately, if the order has been dispatched, we are unable to cancel your order and this will need to be managed via our Returns & Exchanges process below.
To cancel your order, please submit via our Contact Us Form.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a 7-Day Change of Mind return or exchange effective from the day your order is delivered with the following conditions:
- Items returned must be unopened, unused and in original condition and packaging with all parts, accessories and manuals (a photo will be required to confirm this).
- All requests must be submitted within 7-days of receiving your order.
- Proof of purchase is required which includes your order number and customer details used to make the purchase.
- All returns need to be approved before sending back, unfortunately, all unapproved returns cannot be accepted.
- All returns need to be returned by post and cannot be dropped off directly at the warehouse.
- The following fees will be deducted from your refund:
- Initial and return shipping fees
- 10% restocking fee
- If we arrange the return shipping for you, we will provide a pre-paid return shipping label and deduct this fee from your refund. Alternatively, you are able to arrange your own return shipping once the return is approved.
- A return quote will be arranged specifically for your order including associated fees and the refund amount.
- Once the returned items have been received and inspected, and have met the above conditions, a full refund (less any applicable fees) will be processed via your original payment method within 1-3 business days.
To request a Change of Mind return or exchange, please submit via our Return Request Form.
Return to Sender
For all items that are returned to sender due to incorrect or incomplete delivery information, or are unclaimed, we will make contact with you to confirm your preferred option:
- Cancel and refund the total order amount less the initial shipping fee (if applicable) and a 10% restocking fee
- Re-deliver your order which is subject to re-delivery fees